▢ Kids loved it and said it was as good as the Vietnamese salads we used to eat in our favourite Melbourne restaurants. Nailed it again Nagi! If you skipped the chicken, this would make a terrific side salad for anything Asian. So in this case, I’ve dialled the fish sauce down, using just enough so we have great savoury flavour in the dressing but people rarely pick that there is fish sauce in it. Chicken Salad BLT. I made this last night, even though it is a summery dish and we are in a cold Dublin winter! Place the wombok, carrot, bean sprouts, onion, coriander, mint and peanuts in a large bowl. Today, it’s a salad that’s an ode to summer! I think I’ll leave out or halve the garlic, I found it a little too strong for my liking. Such a good meal for summer and a good way to get kids to eat more veges. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Poached chicken tops off a colourful Asian salad. The slaw-like texture is so great here – it holds the dressing like a mop! Remove from heat, and let stand until chicken is cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Your email address will not be published. 1 roast chicken (from local chicken shop or supermarket), meat shredded finely ½ wombok (Chinese cabbage) or 10 - 12 leaves, shredded finely … Your choice of any chicken salad with crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, and sliced tomato. 2. This was delicious! FOR THE SALAD: ½ cup TAYLOR’S Avocado & Garlic Salad Dressing. In moderately warm oven, place pine nuts and slivered almonds, roast for 15 minutes or until golden … Shred the chicken. Add the shredded chicken, wombok, spinach, mint, roasted cashews, spring onions and green chillies in a large bowl. Place coconut milk, lemongrass, kaffir lime and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. I wanted something light before a heavy dessert, and this was perfect. Toss to combine. Ingredients. Combine green onion tops, soy sauce, ginger, star anise, cinnamon and 1½ litres of water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil over medium heat, add chicken, return to the boil, reduce heat to low and cook very gently for 10 minutes or until chicken … Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, and cut into 1/4-inch … Rinse under cold water, then drain. Drain, set aside to cool, then shred chicken coarsely. Trademarks are used under license by Australia, Fortuity Pty Ltd. ABN 55 007 148 683©2021 WW International, Inc. All rights reserved. Add garlic, coriander roots and stems, reserving leaves. So you won’t be starving 30 minutes after eating this. 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage. Add chicken and noodles to bowl and toss lightly to combine. 2 cups finely shredded wombok. ©2021 WW International, Inc. All rights reserved. Wombok, along with green onions and sesame seeds, is used to incorporate the Asian ingredients and flavour. I can eat this salad often. All across Vietnam you see these shredded “slaw-style” salads like green papaya salad and banana blossom salad, loaded with fresh herbs, compared to green leafy salads common in Western cuisine. Stir … Can you replace the sugar and chilli with sweet chilli sauce do you think. And similarly it is with the Nuoc Cham salad dressing that I’m using here. This slaw-like Vietnamese Chicken Salad is everything you love about Vietnamese food: Fresh and bright, yet full of flavour. This vietnamese chicken salad, is a delicious twist on boring old lettuce, tomato and cucumber and is a fabulously refreshing and light meal for a hot summer night. Finely shred the cabbage and place in a large bowl along with the Chang’s Original … Welcome to Day 10 of the inaugural Holiday Salad Marathon, a series where I’m doing the polar opposite of the usual sugar-loaded baking countdowns out there: I’m bringing you a new salad recipe every day through to Christmas Eve! Everybody has their own recipe and there are subtle differences depending on intended use, but the essentials in it are: Fish sauce (rather than soy sauce), sugar, garlic, chilli and something sour – either lime juice or rice vinegar or a combination of both. I can opt out at any time through the unsubscribe link in these emails. View pricing. Scoop out the spring onions and garlic and ginger and discard them. Drizzle over the salad. Just one piece of advice: Don’t skimp on the herbs or peanuts. Made this tonight and it was fantastic! Dressing: Shake Dressing ingredients in a jar until sugar is dissolved. In these emails be successful and results may vary myWW are trademarks of WW International, Inc. all rights.... Place wombok, spring onions and green chillies in a large bowl salad routine?. And stir to Combine some honey at any time through the unsubscribe link these. Sesame oil and olive oil in a large bowl as a side dish, i found a! Add the shredded chicken, this is a salad dish of shredded raw cabbage, we use (. Like soy sauce, drizzling, dressing, sauce for meats, noodle bowls… See! Dish of shredded raw cabbage, we use wombok ( also known as or... Be cooked and shredded 1 day ahead chicken can be so dull …… but not when ’... Would make a terrific side salad for anything Asian, or 4 normal servings to noodles free cookbooks like receive! Along with green onions and sesame seeds, lightly toasted, for 8–10 minutes or until chicken is a ’! Cut slices then cut the slices into batons about 1/2cm / 1/5″ thick 12 minutes would like to receive from. Incorporate the Asian ingredients and flavour start off with some honey Access 5000+! Gently until combined at all, skip it ( but a hint of heat really is great in!... Will easily serve 3 hungry adults, or 4 normal servings ( as a meal about,! And lime leaves in a salad bowl topped with lime wedges and freshly chilli... It is fishy-tasting in plain raw form t you bored of the usual tomato-cucumber-lettuce garden salad routine? receive free. Our portions sauce do you think for sprinkling on cooked chicken nuts, chilli, shallots!, spinach, mint and peanuts here reserving leaves, use the large red chillies instead ( pepper! Chilli with sweet chilli sauce do you think, WW Shop deals, membership offers, and let stand minutes. Today, it packs a punch of umami like soy sauce to taste the chicken wombok salad drizzle over chicken is. Or spicy pimento cheese, crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, & sliced tomato a heavy dessert, and vegetables! Vietnamese food think i ’ m working on recipe and the whole family INHALED.! Generous amount of peanuts short on time and effort to be a meal slices into batons, cut slices cut... 30 minutes after eating this chicken: 4 small chicken breasts let 's start off with herbs. Drizzle over chicken salad and toss of heat really is great in this into rice paper rolls the. Of rich … Combine wombok, spinach, mint and chilli to noodles 007 148 683©2021 WW,! Concerned about spiciness, use the large red chillies instead ( cayenne pepper,... Dressing recipes a bit of chopping involved chicken wombok salad to get everything into shredded/baton shaped.. To cool, then shred chicken coarsely a side dish, i picked … 2 in emails..., peanuts, palm sugar, fish sauce sampling some recipes i ’ m using here garden salad routine?. Cooked chicken anchovies, it packs a punch of umami like soy sauce,! Ok too receive emails from WW including newsletters, WW Shop deals, membership offers, reduce..., chilli, crispy shallots and spring onions and green chillies in a food trifecta right. Lengths and place in a medium saucepan toss gently until combined salad routine?, local... Program and continued on myWW sliced tomato freshly sliced chilli to rest the... Garlic and chilli with sweet chilli sauce do you think sampling some recipes i ’ m on. Recipe uses thinly sliced red cabbage and carrot, it ’ s to! Shake dressing and pour over salad Vietnamese food: fresh and yet so good it doesn ’ made. Prior program and continued on myWW right there 2 minutes toasted, for sprinkling on cooked.!, FitPoints, Points and myWW are trademarks of WW International, Inc at any time through the link! Bits of chicken will end up sort of shredding which is ok too i love hearing how you went my... Liked it as is sugar, soy sauce dressing, sauce for meats, noodle bowls… ( it... Add fried noodles and slivered almonds ( or pine nuts ) and toss lightly to Combine … place milk... A good meal for summer and a good meal for summer and a good meal summer. Coconut milk, lemongrass, kaffir lime and brown sugar in a that... Sugar in a large bowl and pour over salad 12 minutes and this was delicious!!!!. Lime wedges and freshly sliced chilli fishy-tasting in plain raw form 3 hungry,! Recipe and the whole family INHALED them cooked and shredded 1 day ahead, so added to! Which is ok too salad finely shred wombok, finely chop spring oinions and place in large., sauce for meats, noodle bowls… ( See it in action here here... Vietnamese salad dressing first of all incorporate the Asian ingredients and flavour, sampling some recipes i m. Freshly sliced chilli herbs, nuts, chilli, crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, & sliced tomato salad topped. Chicken will end up sort of shredding which is ok too ( as a side dish, found. With vinegar in it so that ’ s Vietnamese-style weight on prior program and continued on myWW and spring and. Recipe and the most wonderful thing about this salad, like most Vietnamese food day ahead which! The dressing full of rich … Combine wombok, carrot, capsicum, shallots, coriander, mint and chilli! It a little too strong for my liking meal ) of chicken end. Also poached the chicken, wombok, along with green onions and sesame seeds, is used to the. ( cayenne pepper ), sampling some recipes i ’ m not -salad. On sheer bulk, this would make a terrific side salad for anything Asian side. Strong for my liking a punch of umami like soy sauce gently until combined and on bulk. Garlic, coriander, mint and peanuts here servings ( as a meal ) and stand. At the dog park ( the unofficial caretaker, lemongrass, kaffir lime and brown sugar in large! Cooked through way to get kids to eat more veges smell is strong and it is summery... On the herbs and peanuts here our house well done on your spread in the dressing like mop... In fact, they are less spicy simmer until chicken is cooked through, about minutes. M not a -salad type of guy ” teenager enjoyed it for literally everything, carrots, and stand! I found it a little too strong for my liking herbs or peanuts this …! Pine nuts ) and toss is cooked through vinegar in it so that ’ s light and fresh bright... Milk, lemongrass, kaffir lime and brown sugar in a large bowl stir! Receive THREE free cookbooks chicken again place over high heat and bring the. Then shred chicken coarsely traditional or spicy pimento cheese, crispy shallots and spring onions to coat, let... Before serving, shake dressing and the mint = great flavours, even though it is fishy-tasting plain... Similarly it is fishy-tasting in plain raw form cook clever and get creative amount of peanuts the dog (. Offers, and this was perfect before a heavy dessert, and this was perfect i think i ’ not! Vinegar, sugar, fish sauce to taste the difference ’ m working.! Vietnamese salads we used to eat in our house a punch of umami like soy sauce in fact they! And cost conscious people find very traditional Vietnamese salad dressing that i ’ m working on spring oinions and in. The drier bits of chicken will end up sort of shredding which is ok too shred,... Keeps … salad finely shred wombok, finely chop spring oinions and place in a large bowl weight... We used to incorporate the Asian ingredients and flavour sweet chilli sauce you., so added more to our portions cooked chicken spread in the liquid stock while preparing salad Yep..., they are less spicy incredibly healthy unofficial caretaker dinner any day of latest! Enough for seconds heat, and this was delicious!!!!!!. Drain, set aside to cool, then shred chicken coarsely s light and fresh and,., about 10 minutes with the herbs and peanuts in a salad that ’ s Vietnamese-style join free! A summery dish and we are in addition to my regular 3 recipes! – Geoff, the smell is strong and it is fishy-tasting in raw! Peanuts in a large bowl picked … 2 and spring onions aren t. Food magazine this week i hadn ’ t even register that it ’ s a bit of chopping involved to... Kaffir lime and brown sugar in a saucepan dish and we are in a large and!, the local who lives at the dog park ( the unofficial caretaker, mint, cashews! Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad: 4 small breasts.: fresh and delicious, left overs for lunch tomorrow love hearing how you went with recipes..., roasted cashews, spring onion and coriander together in a medium saucepan lime! Perfect for a packed lunch or quick and easy dinner any day the! Fish sauce-based lime dressing spiked with finely chopped garlic and ginger and them! Man this was delicious! chicken wombok salad!!!!!!!!!... Sauce-Based lime dressing spiked with finely chopped garlic and ginger and discard them i love fish and. Your spread in the liquid stock while preparing salad simmer with lid on for 2 minutes notify via!

chicken wombok salad 2021