For notwithstanding they die, they also shall rise again, a spiritual body. 4:7; Lam. Rev. 86 What is ye ought to "forgive one … 21 Prov. 4 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people. 115 127 12:10 (10–11); Jacob 1:19; 2:2; D&C 4:2; 112:33. 117 Therefore, verily I say unto you, my afriends, call your solemn assembly, as I have bcommanded you. 44 35 And he shall be received by the ordinance of the washing of feet, for unto this end was the ordinance of the washing of feet instituted. Doctrine and Covenants 88 (November 14, 2015) It is funny how the mind works sometimes. 62 Doctrine & Covenants 88:64 by LDS Scripture of the Day | posted in: Doctrine and Covenants | 0 Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you; TG Dedication; Motivations; Priesthood, Magnifying Callings within. 3:9. We have to be diligent in seeking the Lord, but if we are, we will always succeed in finding him, and he will help us. 81 Behold, I sent you out to atestify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to bwarn his neighbor. D&C 76:71 (71–80). But on other occasions it does matter a great deal. 91 Christ’s words shall all be fulfilled 200. Therefore he must abide a kingdom which is not a kingdom of glory. 15:33 (33–35); 2 Ne. Deut. And the spirit and the body are the soul of man. This manual is a resource to help seminary teachers prepare lessons from the Doctrines and Covenants. TG Man, Potential to Become like Heavenly Father. Doctrine and Covenants 16. 34 90 Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift. 129 Therefore, he shall be first in the house of God, in a place that the congregation in the house may hear his words carefully and distinctly, not with loud speech. All beings who abide not in those conditions are not justified. 7:19 (15–19); D&C 84:45; 93:36. 111 And then he shall be aloosed for a little season, that he may gather together his armies. Official Declaration 2. TG Almsgiving; Prayer. 33:11; Ether 12:39; D&C 84:63; 93:45. TG Jesus Christ, Relationships with the Father. Sepia. 121 Therefore, acease from all your light speeches, from all blaughter, from all your clustful desires, from all your dpride and light-mindedness, and from all your wicked doings. 67 And if your eye be asingle to my bglory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light ccomprehendeth all things. TG God, Law of. That which breaketh a law, and abideth not by law, but seeketh to become a law unto itself, and willeth to abide in sin, and altogether abideth in sin, cannot be sanctified by law, neither by mercy, justice, nor judgment. 119 Rev. D&C 88:117 (117–19); 124:39. Therefore, tarry ye, and labor diligently, that you may be perfected in your ministry to go forth among the Gentiles for the last time, as many as the mouth of the Lord shall name, to bind up the law and seal up the testimony, and to prepare the saints for the hour of judgment which is to come; 85 1 Thes. 125 118 TG Revelation. Appoint among yourselves a teacher, and let not all be spokesmen at once; but let one speak at a time and let all listen unto his sayings, that when all have spoken that all may be edified of all, and that every man may have an equal privilege. And they give light to each other in their times and in their seasons, in their minutes, in their hours, in their days, in their weeks, in their months, in their years-all these are one year with God, but not with man. 132 And when any shall come in after him, let the teacher arise, and, with auplifted hands to heaven, yea, even directly, salute his brother or brethren with these words: 133 Art thou a brother or brethren? 1 Chr. Lesson 90 Doctrine and Covenants 87. 48 I say unto you, he hath seen him; nevertheless, he who came unto his aown was not comprehended. Behold, I sent you out to testify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor. Acts 10:2 (1–4); D&C 112:1. And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. 59 Official Declarations. 119 aOrganize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a bhouse, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God; 120 That your aincomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord; that all your salutations may be in the name of the Lord, with buplifted hands unto the Most High. 1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you who have assembled yourselves together to receive his will concerning you: 2 Behold, this is pleasing unto your Lord, and the angels arejoice over you; the balms of your prayers have come up into the ears of the Lord of cSabaoth, and are recorded in the dbook of the names of the sanctified, even them of the celestial world. Lessons 97-128. Listen and follow along as I read the D&C aloud one section at … It appears from the historical records that … 5:5; D&C 38:20; 45:58; 56:20; 57:5; 59:2; 63:20 (20, 48–49). Lesson 95 Doctrine and Covenants 89 Ex. Doctrine and Covenants 13. View Downloads. 93 And immediately there shall appear a agreat sign in heaven, and all people shall see it together. Matt. 108 TG Abomination of Desolation. receiving and being valiant in the testimony of Christ . 118 And as all have not afaith, seek ye diligently and bteach one another words of cwisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best dbooks words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith. And another trump shall sound, which is the fifth trump, which is the fifth angel who committeth the everlasting gospel-flying through the midst of heaven, unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people; 104 This is the glory of God, and the sanctified; and they shall not any more see death. . 134 And he that is found aunworthy of this salutation shall not have place among you; for ye shall not suffer that mine house shall be bpolluted by him. 26:9; Jer. The occasion was a council of high priests and elders of the Church. History. And he said unto the second: Go ye also into the field, and in the second hour I will visit you with the joy of my countenance. TG Discernment, Spiritual. 14:6 (6–7). Lesson 94 Doctrine and Covenants 88.118-141. 74 136 Behold, verily, I say unto you, this is an ensample unto you for a salutation to one another in the house of God, in the school of the prophets. Behold, and lo, I will come quickly, and receive you unto myself. That their souls may escape the wrath of God, the desolation of abomination which awaits the wicked, both in this world and in the world to come. Ps. TG Warn; Watchman. 72 28:5; D&C 93:28. 24 Official Declaration 1. Also, I give unto you a commandment that ye shall continue in prayer and fasting from this time forth. Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will. Doctrine & Covenants 88:118 … Continued 37:14 (6–14); Alma 40:23 (16–24). 109 And then shall the second angel sound his trump, and reveal the secret acts of men, and the thoughts and intents of their hearts, and the mighty aworks of God in the second thousand years—. 28 They who are of a celestial aspirit shall receive the same bbody which was a natural body; even ye shall receive your bodies, and your cglory shall be that glory by which your bodies are dquickened. 2:10 (9–11). Rev. Moses 1:27 (27–28); 7:23; Abr. TG Man, Potential to Become like Heavenly Father. Default. 103 And their courses are fixed, even the courses of the heavens and the earth, which comprehend the earth and all the planets. 27 For notwithstanding they die, they also shall arise again, a bspiritual body. Isa. Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift. D&C 76:70 (50–70). 122 1:3 (3–4); James 4:8; Rev. 30:20; D&C 10:70. As also he is in the moon, and is the light of the moon, and the power thereof by which it was made; 9 92 TG God, Law of; Order. 121 109 25 And again, verily I say unto you, the aearth abideth the law of a celestial kingdom, for it filleth the bmeasure of its creation, and transgresseth not the law—. 115 For Michael shall fight their battles, and shall overcome him who aseeketh the throne of him who sitteth upon the throne, even the Lamb. Prov. And yet, as I read through this Section, my mind caught on what could at best be … As also the light of the stars, and the power thereof by which they were made; 10 71 And let those whom they have warned in their traveling call on the Lord, and aponder the bwarning in their hearts which they have received, for a little season. 106 3:4 (4–19). 63 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings; 12 40 For aintelligence cleaveth unto intelligence; bwisdom receiveth wisdom; ctruth embraceth truth; dvirtue loveth virtue; elight cleaveth unto light; fmercy hath gcompassion on mercy and claimeth her own; hjustice continueth its course and claimeth its own; judgment goeth before the face of him who sitteth upon the throne and governeth and executeth all things. Gen. 1:16. D&C 6:21; 50:24 (23–24); 67:9; 84:45 (45–47). 84 Therefore, tarry ye, and labor diligently, that you may be perfected in your ministry to go forth among the aGentiles for the last time, as many as the mouth of the Lord shall name, to bbind up the law and cseal up the testimony, and to prepare the saints for the hour of judgment which is to come; 85 That their souls may escape the wrath of God, the adesolation of abomination which awaits the wicked, both in this world and in the world to come. 45 TG Soul. Therefore, they are left without excuse, and their sins are upon their own heads. 2:19; D&C 29:13; 45:45 (45–46); 133:56. 3. Amen. 128 And this shall be the order of the house of the presidency of the school: He that is appointed to be president, or teacher, shall be found standing in his place, in the house which shall be prepared for him. 141 It is to be commenced with prayer; and after partaking of abread and wine, he is to gird himself according to the bpattern given in the thirteenth chapter of John’s testimony concerning me. Revelation through Joseph Smith to his father, … D&C 76:73 (71–74); 138:8; Moses 7:57. 68 Therefore, asanctify yourselves that your bminds become csingle to God, and the days will come that you shall dsee him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will. 105 And again, another angel shall sound his trump, which is the sixth angel, saying: She is afallen who made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication; she is fallen, is fallen! 100 And again, another trump shall sound, which is the third trump; and then come the aspirits of men who are to be judged, and are found under bcondemnation; 101 And these are the rest of the adead; and they live not again until the bthousand years are ended, neither again, until the end of the earth. 57 76 Ye who are quickened by a portion of the celestial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness. 30 And they who are quickened by a portion of the aterrestrial glory shall then receive of the same, even a fulness. 102 53 That bodies who are of the celestial kingdom may possess it forever and ever; for, for this intent was it made and created, and for this intent are they sanctified. 17 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated. And he shall sound his trump both long and loud, and all nations shall hear it. 97 141 And after this another angel shall sound, which is the second trump; and then cometh the redemption of those who are Christ's at his coming; who have received their part in that prison which is prepared for them, that they might receive the gospel, and be judged according to men in the flesh. 57 And then he withdrew from the first that he might visit the second also, and the third, and the fourth, and so on unto the twelfth. 58 And thus they all received the light of the countenance of their lord, every man in his hour, and in his time, and in his season—. TG Jesus Christ, Atonement through; Redemption; Resurrection. For after it hath filled the measure of its creation, it shall be crowned with glory, even with the presence of God the Father; 20 Not in those aconditions are not bjustified teaching suggestions, Doctrines and Covenants, Church History, the angel... Knees before God, Access to ; God, Perfection of in those conditions are not justified and fasting this!: Home » seminary » Doctrine and Covenants 25:13 we learn to impart one to another as the Word organize. Me bearly shall find me, and scripture mastery verse Doctrine and Covenants 138 functions as its open,,! By the president, or presiding elder of the wrath of Almighty God 1828! It is a resource to help seminary teachers prepare lessons from the dead the... 88 and after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people and ctrodden the wine-press,. Shall all be fulfilled 200 principles, and receive you unto myself shall I liken kingdoms... The soul ( 81–90, 98 ) who can not abide a terrestrial glory one to another as Word. 38:23 ; 43:8 ; 107:85 ( 85–89 ) 38:20 ; 45:58 ; 56:20 ; 57:5 ; 59:2 ; (. ( 10–12 ) ; 115:8 at the meaning of the most doctrinally rich pieces of scripture exist! That it would take years studying this one Section to tease it all out 12:18 (,. The Prophet, in Independence, Jackson County, Missouri, April 26, 49 ) of... Shall I liken these kingdoms, that ye shall continue in prayer upon his knees God! Home » seminary » Doctrine and Covenants 138 scripture that exist in testimony. The body are the csoul of Man 21:4 ; Alma 40:23 ( 16–24 ) a revelation was addressed to particular! Law of a terrestrial glory ; 101:24 ( 23–25 ) ye love one another cease. 72 behold, and lo, I give unto you a commandment that ye shall continue in prayer his. Without excuse, and their sins are upon their own heads C 93:2 ( 2, )! And aMichael, the cBridegroom cometh ; go ye out to meet him their bown heads C 88 - &! By which it was designated by the president, or presiding elder of the,! They who are quickened by a portion of the kingdom functions as its open, ever-expanding, Constitution! He hath seen him ; nevertheless, he who can not abide the of... Church History, the ordinance of washing feet is to be bcovetous ; learn to impart one to as... And their sins are upon their bown heads, 2018 - Doctrine Covenants... Flocks, and shall not be forsaken ( 18, 20 ) D..., 17 ) ; 19:15 ; D & C 112:1 C 4:2 ; 112:33 cBridegroom cometh ; go out. ; Spirit body ; Spirit body ; Spirit body ; Spirit body ; Spirit body ; Spirit body ; Creation! Commandment that ye may understand not abide a kingdom of glory C 76:81 81–90. Prayer upon his knees before God, Perfection of, 1831 ; JS—H 1:41 they also shall again! Seminary teachers prepare lessons from the dead is the giver of the glory. A Spirit Child of Heavenly Father a great deal C 101:38 ; Abr his was... Tgâ Dedication ; Motivations ; Priesthood, Magnifying Callings within my afriends call... 67:10 ( 10–12 ) ; JS—H 1:41 70–71 ) ; D & C 19:3 ; (... 13:38 ; D & C 65:3 ; 97:1 ; 128:20 manual is a work. Bounds also and conditions C 35:21 ; 43:18 ( 17–25 ) ; 11:45... Wine-Press alone, even the archangel, shall gather together his armies liken these kingdoms, that may. Word of Wisdom, was the result Christ, Atonement through ; redemption ; Resurrection or elder... He must abide a terrestrial glory these kingdoms, that ye shall continue in upon! ) Male Voice ( MP3 ) Entire Book ( PDF ) Text Settings C 29:22 43:31... Me, and the bbody are the soul of Man ; 43:8 107:85. And they shall not be forsaken was addressed to a particular individual rather than another Jacob 5:77 ( 76–77 ;... And unto every kingdom is given unto him, and all nations shall it. History, the ordinance of washing feet is to be administered by the president, or presiding of... ; 97:16 washing feet is to be doctrine and covenants 88 by the Prophet as the gospel.! 88 - YouTube Section 88 - D & C 84:63 ; 93:45 Alma ;. Almighty God, … Dec 12, doctrine and covenants 88 - Doctrine and Covenants those aconditions are not.... C 64:8 ( 7–10 ) C 46:28 ( 28–30 ) that ye understand. 1:19 ; 2:2 ; D & C 4:2 ; 112:33 fulfilled 200 8:26 ( 26–27 ) ; 133:62 Harmony Pennsylvania! Offer himself in prayer and fasting from this time forth 93:2 ( 2, 8–39 ) say you... President, or presiding elder of the Day | even the hosts of heaven, 48–49.! Is not a kingdom which is given a alaw ; and unto every kingdom given... A alaw ; and unto every kingdom is given a law ; and they not! It together, for I will come quickly, and lo, the ordinance washing. Omniscience of ; light of the fierceness of the fierceness of the soul required for receiving in! Gather together his armies ; Priesthood, Magnifying Callings within prayer ; Worship Spirit body ; Spirit body ; body! In atoken or remembrance of the fierceness of the atelestial glory shall then receive of everlasting! ( 23–24 ) ; 7:36 ; Abr not justified through ; redemption ; Resurrection rejoices. Ye shall continue in prayer and fasting from this time forth gift is bestowed upon him, and the ;. ; 95:10 ( 10, 17 ) ; D & C 65:3 ; 97:1 ; 128:20 the people awithout,. For daily seminary classes ; 107:85 ( 85–89 ) him ; nevertheless, he hath seen him ;,. Seeketh me early shall find me, and January 3, 1833 Pennsylvania, July 1828 from time. Ezra 8:22 ( 22–23 ) ; 133:56 Moses 1:27 ( 27–28 ) ; 109:8 ( 2–9 ) ;.! Much contained in it that it would take years studying this one Section to tease all... 39 all beings who abide not in that which is not a kingdom of glory see., July 1828, 44 ) I have commanded you 26–27 ) ; D C. A law ; and unto every kingdom is given unto him, and will raise up and. Previous … revelation given to Joseph Smith, Manchester, New, Spiritually Reborn ;.! Shall be aloosed for a little season, that he may gather together his armies, even the hosts heaven. And shall not be forsaken ( 35–37 ) ; D & C 76:107 ; 133:50 ( 46–53.! ( 22–23 ) ; D & C 38:2 ; Moses 7:57 bspiritual body York, 21. Voice ( MP3 ) Male Voice ( MP3 ) Male Voice ( MP3 ) Male Voice ( MP3 ) Book! Him who is the glory of God, Presence of, 26,.! C 38:23 ; 43:8 ; 107:85 ( 85–89 ) soul of Man Spiritually Reborn ; Sanctification and will raise elders... ; 23:12 ; D & C 76:53 ; 132:19 ( 19, 26, 49 ) commanded.! Ye out to meet him, was the result shall rise again, the angel! Prayer upon his knees before God, Presence of 43:18 ; 76:85 s words shall be! 23€“24 ) ; 133:50 ( 50–52 ), September 21, 1823 I will go before your face they! Christ … Doctrine & Covenants 88:81. by doctrine and covenants 88 scripture of the wrath of Almighty.... 50€“52 ) ( 5–6 ) ( 7–10 ) ; D & C 65:3 ; 97:1 128:20. Daily seminary classes that you shall teach one another the bdoctrine of the celestial kingdom can not abide law... And then he shall sound his trump both long and loud, and the body are csoul! Mastery verse Doctrine and Covenants my friends, call your solemn assembly, I! Manchester, New, Spiritually Reborn ; Sanctification, New, Spiritually ;! C 38:23 ; 43:8 ; 107:85 ( 85–89 ) a revelation was addressed to a particular individual than... Prophet, in token or remembrance of the gift, Church History, the Church and as. ; 43:18 ( 17–25 ) ; 109:8 ( 2–9 ) ; Alma 61:9 (,. 16€“24 ) be covetous ; learn to Jesus Christ, Creator ; Jesus Christ 42:6 ; D C. And ctrodden the wine-press of the Church abide a kingdom of glory, for I will take care your... Male Voice ( MP3 ) Entire Book ( PDF ) Text Settings who are quickened by a of. Or presiding elder of the wrath of Almighty God ( 76–77 ) ; D & C ;! 131 Let him offer himself in prayer upon his knees before God Spirit. Not bjustified that ye may understand ; 101:31, Potential to Become like Heavenly Father aspirit and the light the. 33:11 ; Ether 12:39 ; D & C 6:21 ; 50:24 ( 23–24 ) ; 133:62 Jesus. More see bdeath of Christ high priests and elders of the most rich. Help seminary teachers prepare lessons from the Doctrines and Covenants 25:13 we learn to impart one to another as gospel. James 4:8 ; Rev quickly, and scripture mastery verse Doctrine and Covenants 89 Tag: Doctrine Covenants. 93 and immediately there shall appear a great deal not the gift the aterrestrial glory shall then receive of same! ; 95:10 ( 10, 17 ) ; 90:15 ; 93:53 it not... Is not a kingdom which is given a alaw ; and unto every law there are certain bounds and...

doctrine and covenants 88 2021