A trailer over 80 inches must have clearance lights. Before your license plate decal expires, you must renew your registration to renew your license plates. (12) When inspecting the brake linings of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check for broken or cracked linings; and. License plates and registration may not be transferred under any of the following conditions: 1. The data must be destroyed no later than 30 months after it was originally collected unless the data are the subject matter of a toll violation or for a law enforcement purpose. Dealer plates can be used only by dealers on vehicles owned by or consigned to the dealership (41-3-501). Utahns seeking a vanity license plate will face slightly tightened restrictions under SB97, which says requests should be denied when they disparage a group based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, citizenship status, physical or mental disability and sex. (12) When inspecting the interior rearview mirror, if an interior rearview mirror is required, the inspector shall: (a) check the mirror for proper mounting, location, cracks, sharp edges, and ease of adjustment; and. All Rights Reserved. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when any wheel cylinders leak; (c) inspect hydraulic hoses and tubes for exposed fabric cord, flattened, restricted, or unsecured lines; and, (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when hoses or tubing are cracked, leaking, or show exposed fabric cord, flattened, restricted, or are unsecured; or, (ii) brake hoses are not DOT approved or have been altered; and, (d) inspect master cylinder for leakage and fluid level; and. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the braking or steering systems have been altered, modified, disconnected, or changed in any manner that may impair the safe operation of the vehicle; (b) check vehicle lift by frame height measuring from the ground to the bottom of the frame on the left side of the vehicle under the driver's seat. (8) When inspecting the hood of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check all vehicles for hood or engine cover; and, (A) the hood or engine cover is missing; or, (b) check the hood and open it to check the safety catch for proper operation; and. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the rotor thickness is less than the manufacturer's specifications. (B) any part of the brake drum missing or is in danger of falling away; (ii) a vehicle may pass inspection with short hairline heat cracks; (b) check for cracks on the outside of drum; and. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when tires on the same axle are not the same size or construction; (i) advise the customer when tread wear bars are touching the road surface; or. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when metal, molding, or any other body part protrudes from the surface of the vehicle and creates a hazard; (b) check parts and accessories for proper securement; and. (i) advise the customer when the lining is uneven or grooved. The front license plate requirement is a law that results in ticketing people at random for something that doesn’t relate to the safety of drivers and their … (ii) adjustment slots are not adequate for inspecting brakes or if the vehicle has open brake drums. (D) bead lock wheels are installed that do not meet the SAE J2530 Aftermarket Wheel Performance Requirements and Test Procedures; (i) check vehicle tires for proper size and weight load ratings; and, (A) tires do not meet the proper weight load rating for the vehicles actual gross vehicle weight; or. With the exception of Ronald Reagan, Garth Brooks has played for every U.S. president since Jimmy Carter. (A) This standard only applies to wind deflectors on the front left and right windows, which block driver visibility to the left and/or right outside mirror. Having a license plate on a vehicle is futile if a plate is obstructed or placed in a low-visibility area. Corrections: An earlier version incorrectly stated the penalty for stealing mail had been lowered from a second-degree felony. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when lamps are not visible from a distance of 500 feet in normal light. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the dimmer switch fails to work properly. Federal standards require that every vehicle manufactured for sale in the United States must have the capability of mounting a license plate on the front and rear of the vehicle. License plate laws regarding both plates are generally straightforward. For example, Delaware and Rhode Island were formerly able to use six-digit all-numeric serials due to their low respective populations; both now use five-digit serials, with Delaware using a letter and four digits, and Rhode Island using two letters and three digits. Utah Trailer Laws & Trailer Regulations. SALT LAKE CITY — From feeding hungry students to eliminating the ability to vote the party line to looking more closely at personalized license plates, the impacts of Utah lawmakers’ annual 45-day session that ended in March will begin to be felt this week. (10) The following procedures apply when a vehicle fails the safety inspection and the inspector is using an online inspection certificate: (a) if all rejected items have been repaired, the verifying inspector shall sign the safety inspection certificate; (b) if no repairs are made, the inspector shall print the rejection inspection certification and give it to the customer; (c) the inspector shall not sign a rejection inspection certificate; (d) a customer with a rejected vehicle has up to 15 calendar days to complete all repairs and return to any station that conducts online inspections to verify repairs at no charge; (i) customers may contact the division to request a waiver of additional fees if they exceed 15 days for circumstances beyond their control, such as back ordered parts; (e) the inspector shall document any item rejected and repaired during an inspection as repaired on the inspection certificate; and. (a) These inspections shall only be performed by personnel certified in Tractor/Trailer/Bus categories. "In word and deed, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has supported vaccinations for generations," reads a statement. (5) When inspecting the air bags of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check the Air Bag Readiness Light; and, (i) advise the customer when air bag indicator fails to light in the manner prescribed by the manufacturer, continuously flashes, remains illuminated, or if five sets of "beeps" are heard concurrent with indicator failing to light; and. (C) there is tinting or material that obstructs the original design of the light; (A) a tail lamp lens is broken to the extent that any white light shows through the broken area; or. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when parts or accessories are not properly secured. (13) When inspecting the speedometer of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check the vehicle to ensure that it is equipped with a properly functioning speedometer; and. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy. Duplicate license (to add endorsement): $23. (1) The following are minimum safety equipment requirements for a custom vehicle: (a) hydraulic service brakes on all wheels with current vehicle brake and stopping standards; (b) parking brake operating on at least two wheels on the same axle; (c) seat belts for all passengers and driver; (h) electric or vacuum windshield wiper in front of the drivers view. (B) driver-side mirror does not meet OEM standards; (b) Verify mirrors are in the correct location and are mounted securely; and, (c) check for cracks, sharp edges, or unnecessary protrusion; and. (11) When inspecting the exterior rearview mirrors of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check exterior mirrors from the driver's position for a clear and reasonably unobstructed view to the rear; and. (6) When inspecting a fuel system that uses either CNG or liquefied natural gas, the inspector shall: (b) check the tank to verify it is protected from physical damage using the vehicle structure, valve protectors or a suitable plastic or metal shield; (c) check that fuel tank shields do not have direct contact with fuel tanks and prevent trapping of materials that could damage the tanks or its coatings; (d) for fuel tanks installed above, below, or within the passenger compartment, check to verify connections are external or sealed and vented from the compartment; (e) for fuel tanks installed within the passenger compartment, check to verify tanks are vented to the outside of the vehicle with a boot or heavy plastic bag and shall not exit into a wheel well; (f) check tanks and fuel lines to verify mounting and bracing is away from the exhaust system and supported to minimize vibration and to protect against damage, corrosion, or breakage; (g) check for identification with a weather-resistant, diamond-shaped label located on an exterior vertical surface or near-vertical surface on the lower right rear of the vehicle, excluding the bumper, inboard from any other markings; (i) the label shall be a minimum of 4.72 inches long by 3.27 inches high; (h) check that when a manual valve is used, the valve location is accessible, indicated with the words "MANUAL SHUTOFF VALVE"; (i) check that the vehicle bears in the engine compartment a label readily visible identification as a CNG-fueled vehicle, system service pressure, installer's name or company, container retest dates or expiration date, and the total container water volume in gallons; (j) check for a label located at the fueling connection receptacle with identification as a CNG-fueled vehicle, system working pressure, and container retest dates or expiration date; (k) check that CNG fuel containers are permanently labeled; (i) disassembly of the tanks protective shield is not required to verify the label on the tank; (ii) it is the vehicle owner's responsibility to provide documentation for a current CNG tank Inspection from a CNG certified inspector; and, (iii) the documentation must identify the vehicle and list the CNG tank certification number; and, (l) visually inspect CNG fuel containers for damage and deterioration; and. (a) The inspector shall issue a rejection inspection certificate when any of the requirements in Section 41-6a-1508 or 49 C.F.R. The bill did not create a new position but redefined the duties of an existing position. To do so he/she must: Submit the antique (original issue) plate to a Motor Vehicle Office for verification Submit a … (B) springs are sagging and allow the body to come in contact with the tires; (A) the shackles are damaged, loose, or have been modified and do not meet OEM specifications; or. On vehicles equipped with power steering, the engine must be running and the fluid level, belt tension and condition must be adequate before testing. (d) issue a rejection inspection certificate when: (i) the registration certificate, vehicle identification number, license plate, and vehicle description are not in agreement; or. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the fuel tank is exposed with no impact protection. Use this method if your current license expires 6 months or less. However, motorcycles and … Utah stands alongside 30 other states with their front license plate requirements, while the other “rugged 19” just require one plate attached to the rear end of a vehicle. (vii) inspection certificate or sticker number; (b) inspection certificate or sticker numbers of paper books shall be listed in numerical order starting with the lowest number and listed in groups of 25; (c) a separate report form shall be used for the inspection certificates and for the stickers; (d) duplicate inspection certificates or stickers shall be noted as "duplicate" on the report form; (e) lost or stolen inspection certificates or stickers shall be listed as "lost or stolen" on the report form; (f) inspection certificates and stickers rendered unusable through mishap shall be recorded as "voided" on the report form and inspection certificates and stickers shall be returned to the Vehicle Safety Inspection office; (g) rejected vehicles that have not returned within 15 days to the original station shall be listed in the same order, and the words "rejected" printed on the same line; (h) failure to submit the required reports may result in suspension or revocation of a permit; and. (9) When inspecting the turn signal operation of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check the turn signals on all vehicles manufactured in 1956 and later; and, (i) advise the customer when one of the two bulbs fails to illuminate in a two-bulb system; or, (A) the vehicle is not equipped with proper signals; or, (b) check the switch for proper functioning; and, (i) advise the customer when the switch does not cancel automatically for vehicles manufactured in 1956 or later; or. License plate brackets that cover any part of the readable message on a license plate are illegal. (D) center high-mounted brake light is covered with aftermarket window tint or is not visible; (ii) window tint limits do not apply to windows located behind the driver; (c) check the vehicle for rearview mirrors; and. (5) The inspector shall examine items under the vehicle by completing the following tasks: (a) inspect steering system, including the wheel bearings, tie rods, rack, and pinion; (b) inspect suspension components, including the springs and shocks; (c) inspect exhaust and fuel system components; (e) inspect engine, transmission mounts, and drivetrain. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from. Registration renewal … Formats for license plate numbers may be consistent within the state. State law requires that when WisDOT issues two license plates, both plates must be attached to the vehicle; one on the front and one on the rear.The plates must be maintained in a legible condition and displayed so that they can be seen and read. (3) When inspecting the fenders of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check for removal or alteration of front and rear fenders; and. (A) fluid reservoir is below the add line or less than 3/4 full, whichever is less; (B) braking system has broken, kinked or restricted fluid lines or hoses; or. (i) if the verifying inspector is not the original inspector, the verifying inspector shall sign the safety inspection certificate, and enter his or her inspector license number on the Safety Inspection Certificate. (1) When reviewing vehicle registration papers, the inspector shall: (a) check the vehicle registration certificate, identification number on the vehicle, license plates, and vehicle description for agreement; (b) enter the manufacturer's vehicle identification number and license plate number into the online program or record on the safety inspection certificate if not using the online program; (c) advise the customer when paperwork disagreements are accidental or clerical in nature; and. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the bushings are missing, worn, or distorted so that looseness is present; (l) check the spring mounted strut assembly, which must be inspected very closely for leakage, shaft binding, and poor damping; and, (i) advise the customer when the struts have poor damping or leakage; or. Start your day with the top stories you missed while you were sleeping. (A) the windshield has outright breakage, which includes shattered glass on either the inside or outside surface, or any broken glass leaving sharp or jagged edges; (B) any crack intersects with another crack within the acute area; (C) any damage within the acute area that cannot be covered by a disc 3/4 inch in diameter; (D) any damage in the acute area that is within 3 inches of any other damage in the acute area; (E) windshield allows less than 70% light transmittance or any sign, poster, or other non-transparent material is present below the AS-1 line or four inches down from the top of the windshield, whichever is lower; or. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when a battery is not properly secured. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when an air bag has been deployed or is not present when originally equipped on the vehicle. Here’s how changes made by state lawmakers will affect you. (B) ABS components are broken, missing, or disconnected. Home / Publications / Administrative Code. (B) there is any tinted cover over the lens. (A) wheel bolts, nuts, studs, or lugs are loose, missing, or not properly fastened; (B) wheels are bent, cracked, re-welded, or have elongated bolt holes; (C) spacers are used to increase the wheel track width; or. (2) The inspector shall check all components and follow the requirements in this Rule. (1) When inspecting the headlamps of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check headlamps for proper mounting; and, (A) mounting brackets are loose, missing, or damaged in any way so that a headlamp cannot be properly and securely mounted; or. (ii) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the U-joint, driveline, or supporting hardware is worn or damaged to the extent that component separation is imminent. Vehicle must be on a smooth, dry, level surface. (h) inspect altered or modified steering and suspension parts that have been shortened, lengthened, welded. (p) "vintage vehicle" means a motor vehicle or trailer as defined in Section 41-21-1. (A) a stop lamp is not visible from a distance of 500 feet in normal light; (B) LED lights have less than 50% of the diodes illuminated; (C) a stop lamp lens does not produce a steady burning red light; (D) a stop lamp is painted or tinted; or, (E) a stop lamp has any cover that partially or entirely obstructs the original design of the light; and, (f) check center high-mounted stop lamps, if applicable; and. All numbers, letters and other identification on the plate should be fully visible. The changed law classifies mail theft as a third-degree felony unless more than 10 people’s information is stolen, in which case the penalty can be a second-degree felony. (C) braking system has any leakage of fluid at the pump or brake booster, or on any of the lines or hoses in the system. 571.500 are not met. (ii) issue a rejection inspection certificate when: (A) the tread depth is less than 2/32 inch when measured in any two adjacent major tread grooves at three equally spaced intervals around the circumference of the tire. (B) cylinders or valves have a dripping leak; (f) check the condition of the pump and check for secure mounting and proper fluid level in the reservoir; and. Vehicle license plate placement laws vary by state and can change at any time. (11) When inspecting the riveted lining and pads of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check for loose or missing rivets; and, (B) the lining thickness is worn to less than 2/32 inch; and, (b) check the primary and secondary lining thickness above the rivet head by measuring at the thinnest point with the calipers removed; and. (i) verify a driver-side mirror that meets OEM standards is equipped on a vehicle manufactured after January 1968, and the vehicle is also equipped with either an interior mirror or a passenger exterior mirror; (ii) verify a passenger-side mirror is equipped on a vehicle with tinted windows or an obstructed rear view; and. (a) If no such numbers exist, then the requirements as established pursuant to Rule R873-22M-15 must be followed in order to pass inspection. (iii) a license plate is covered with foreign material or otherwise not clearly legible. (ii) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the ball joint movement is in excess of manufacturer's specifications; (c) position a pry bar under the front tire and with a lifting motion, sufficient to overcome the weight of the wheel assembly only, and move the wheel up and down; and. (B) the tie rod is bent, causing the vehicle to be out of alignment; (j) conduct a thorough inspection of the complete rack and pinion system; and. (4) When inspecting the hydraulic brake system of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) test the pedal reserve according to the manufacture's specifications; and. The temple previously known as the Tooele Valley Utah Temple will now be called The Deseret Peak Utah Temple. (ii) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the lining thickness is worn to less than 2/32 inch. Copyright © 2020 Deseret News Publishing Company. This rule is authorized by Subsections 53-8-204(5) and 41-6a-1601(2). (2) When using a plate brake tester, Safety inspection stations and inspectors shall: (a) follow the equipment manufacturer procedures for testing; (b) be certified by the equipment manufacturer or an authorized agent of the division; (c) renew the inspector certification every three years; (d) display the inspector certification card for the equipment being used in a prominent location; (e) display the computerized brake testing equipment certification in a prominent location; (f) ensure the manufacturer has certified the equipment annually; (g) pull two wheels upon the failure of the plate brake test to check brake components; and. (A) the windshield glass is scratched, discolored, clouded, or pitted to a level that obscures vision; (B) the windshield cloudiness is more than one inch from each side edge, more than four inches down from the top edge, or more than three inches up from the bottom edge; or, (C) the windshield has decorative etching that is not OEM; and, (c) check the windshield for damage, unauthorized tinting, signs, or other non-transparent materials; and. (ii) the vehicle identification number is missing or obscured. (14) When inspecting the parking brake of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the parking brake does not operate or fails to hold the vehicle; and, (b) check the ratchet or the locking device; and. (B) a vehicle headlamp is lower than 22 inches or exceed 54 inches, measured from the ground to the center of the headlamp; (b) check headlamp for proper aim and lighting using a mechanical headlamp aiming device or by checking light at 10 feet measured from the front of the vehicle to a wall; and. (xiii) a check valve is used for a manual shutoff valve. (A) any mount bolts or nuts are broken, loose, or missing; (B) the rubber cushion is separated from the metal plate of any mount; (C) there is a split through the rubber cushion; (D) the engine or transmission is sagging to the point where the mount bottoms out or there is engine misalignment to the point of a drive train component compromise; or. (A) there is any wear in the upper mount assembly; (B) there is any horizontal or vertical movement in the lower shaft mounting area; or, (m) visually inspect shock absorbers for looseness of mounting brackets and bolts; and, (i) advise the customer when the shocks have poor damping or leakage; or. (6) The inspector shall examine the braking system by completing the following tasks: (c) inspect brake components, both hydraulic and mechanical; (d) inspect brake hoses for fluid leaks; (e) record brake measurements using the online inspection program or on the Safety Inspection certificate if not using the online inspection program; (f) issue a rejection inspection certificate on vehicles that fail a plate brake test but have adequate pad and or shoe thickness; (g) if issuing a rejection inspection certificate, record the brake pad measurement on the certificate; and. (d) Non-transparent material is allowed in the lower left-hand corner of the windshield provided it does not extend more than 3 inches to the right of the left edge or more than 4 inches above the bottom edge of the windshield in accordance with Section 41-6a-1635. For questions regarding the content or application of rules under Title R714, please contact the promulgating agency (Public Safety, Highway Patrol). (A) there is any broken or cracked frame component; (C) the frame has been cut or portions of the frame have been removed, drilled, or bent, affecting the strength or integrity of the frame; or. These laws state as follows: 41-1a-401. (3) The inspector shall examine the vehicle's exterior by completing the following tasks: (a) inspect headlight high and low beams, including aiming; (b) inspect parking lights, tail lights, signal lights, brake lights, marker lights, and reflectors; (c) inspect for the proper color of lights; (d) inspect the wheels and lugs, looking for cracks and loose or missing lugs; (e) inspect tires for wear, damage, and proper inflation; (f) inspect body of vehicle, including fenders, doors, hood, glass, and bumpers; (g) inspect for broken glass, parts, and accessories; and. (C) steering wheel and column is on the right side of the vehicle that is not OEM or the owner does not possess a valid waiver from the safety inspection office; (i) check the idler arms and tie rod ends for looseness in excess of OEM specifications; and, (i) advise the customer when tie rod grease seals are cut, torn, or otherwise damaged to the extent that lubricant will not be retained; or, (A) there is looseness in the tie rod ends or idler arm in excess of OEM specifications; or. All motor vehicles registered in Utah have to display license plates, which drivers receive after registering for the first time at the Utah Division of Motor Vehicles. (A) any wiper fails to function properly, other than streaking from wiper blades; (B) a vehicle originally equipped with two windshield wipers has been modified to use one wiper; or. Cars and trucks receive two Utah license plates for the front and rear of the automobile. Plates need to be valid and fully visible. No matter your reasoning, nothing should cover your license plate. (i) advise the customer when the speedometer is not functioning properly. (ii) issue a rejection inspection certificate when a tire has sidewall plugs, cuts, or cracks deep enough to expose cords; (b) check tires for indication of tread separations; and. (4) The inspector shall examine items under the vehicle's hood by completing the following tasks: (c) inspect battery and electrical wiring; (e) inspect master cylinder and braking system; and. (b) the customer shall be given the State Tax and Owner copies of the inspection certificate. (ii) issue a rejection inspection certificate when motorized seat belts fail to lock in the rear position. Vintage Vehicles, Custom Vehicles, and Replica Vehicles. (i) advise the customer when studded snow tires are mounted on a vehicle between April 1 and October 14 of any year. (C) there is any tinted cover over the lens. (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the wiper blades show signs of physical breakdown of the rubber wiping element; (c) check for damaged metal parts of wiper blades or arms; and, (i) issue a rejection inspection certificate when the wiper blades or arms are missing or damaged to the extent that they do not function properly; and, (d) check for proper contact of blades with windshield; and. Instant analysis: Jazz shoot the lights out against New Orleans Pelicans for sixth straight win. (iii) Roll pans are not bumpers and are only acceptable when a material is concealed behind the roll pan that meets the strength, vertical height, and securing requirements of a rear bumper. (A) fenders or fender extenders do not cover the full width of a tire; (B) rear tires do not have the top 50% of the tire covered by mudflaps, fenders, or the vehicle body construction when required; or, (C) rear mudflaps are not directly aligned with the tire and at least as wide as the tire when required; or. (3) When inspecting the hazard warning lamps of a vehicle, the inspector shall: (a) check the hazard warning lamps for proper functioning; and, (A) the hazard warning lamps fail to function properly; or. ‘I might be the only Republican at this place’: Why Garth Brooks is performing at Joe Biden’s inauguration. The Utah Administrative Code is the body of all effective administrative rules as compiled and organized by the Division of Administrative Rules (see Subsection 63G-3-102(5); see also Sections 63G-3-701 and 702). (12) The following procedures apply when a vehicle passes the safety inspection and the inspector is using an online inspection certificate: (a) the inspector shall print the vehicle inspection certificate and give it to the customer; and. 2 ) the material must extend the width of the requirements found Sections... Are illegal the wheel track and must meet to pass a safety inspection, unless state law a! C ) there is any tinted cover over the lens duplicate license ( to add )... Type of vehicle you have vehicle license plate numbers may be consistent within the state please also read Privacy... Suspension parts that have been shortened, lengthened, welded and has been registered... Plate are illegal vaccinated, urge members to safeguard ‘ themselves and others through immunization ’,,... Against new Orleans with a 3-point barrage on Tuesday, most of the above requirements are not visible there... Died in a manner that is strong enough to effectively transfer impact to if... In Sections 41-1a-102, 41a-6a-102, and replica vehicles standards a motor vehicle or trailer as defined in Section or. Speedometer is not current with its certification in accordance with Federal motor vehicle.! Matter your reasoning, nothing should cover your license plate numbers may be consistent within the state where the has! The backup lights remain illuminated when transmission is not protected and drops more than inches! Frame that do not allow 200 feet of rear visibility lining thickness is less than the manufacturer supported for. Implemented, or Interpreted law, http: //www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm, 41a-6a-102, license. Vehicle license plate — for the front and rear of the following for motorcycle endorsements and related fees: endorsement... Though most are decorative providing only one license plate lights are required Utah... Jazz shoot the lights out against new Orleans with a 3-point barrage on Tuesday for... Part 571 as the Tooele Valley Utah temple will now be called the Deseret Peak Utah will... Issue a rejection inspection certificate to mental health centers, insulin, license are... Handbook [ PDF ] Utah Code Ann leakage must be on a license plate brackets that any. Above any rivet head this method if your current license expires 6 or... Adequate for inspecting brakes or if the door certification plate has been legally registered in is... All safety equipment of a rear bumper is performing at Joe Biden ’ s how changes by... In Section 41-6a-1508 or 49 C.F.R tread wear bar ; or of reasons certification in with! ( a ) check for proper stop lamp fails to light properly ; ( D ) repairs made to dealership... 2 ) the inspector shall issue a rejection inspection certificate when any of the readable message on a smooth dry. The church of Jesus Christ renames temple planned for Tooele Valley Utah temple will now be the... The hood the only Republican at this place ’: Why Garth Brooks is performing Joe! Currently valid and clearly visible and light trucks any rivet head manual valve. Centers, insulin, license plates for the front and one rear wheel to inspect brake.! Cover your license plate the proper place in a Senate committee Monday all others on type... `` vintage vehicle '' means a motor vehicle safety standards properly ; ( D ) made! Is authorized by Subsections 53-8-204 ( 5 ) and 41-6a-1601 ( 2 the. Letters and other tracking technologies pounds ; and a manual shutoff valve for motorcycle endorsements and fees... Dimmer switch fails to contact the windshield firmly ) chassis or suspension have... However, motorcycles and … Utah trailer Lighting laws plate lights are required by Utah to. The drum is turned or worn beyond the manufacturer 's specifications a car visible. Inches below fuel tanks this requirement ; and the exception of Ronald Reagan, Garth is..., 41a-6a-102, and 49 C.F.R anchor pins are improperly positioned utah license plate laws misaligned lining is or. Cover over the lens bills passed by the 2020 Legislature will go into effect or! Available at http: //www.rules.utah.gov/contact/agencycontacts.htm shall only be performed by personnel certified in Tractor/Trailer/Bus categories and Owner copies of 510! And Regulations for trailers are listed below:... Utah trailer Lighting laws dealers vehicles! Laws vary by state and can change at any time Terms of use which. State and can change at any station that conducts online inspections may certify repairs to! Giving it to the back of the requirements in Section 41-6a-1508 or 49 C.F.R law provides different! To our use of cookies and other tracking technologies plates for the front and one rear wheel to brake! Inspect altered or modified steering and suspension parts that have been altered or modified steering and parts! Install license plate, though most are decorative ; or the codification segue page allows sharing of license. Valley, announces new location printed inspection certificate when motorized seat belts fail to function for! ) inspect altered or changed from OEM that reduces the vehicle for stealing mail had lowered! That do not meet OEM specifications inspection equipment blade fails to contact the firmly! Different standard of registration in lieu of or used with plates certify made! Shall issue a rejection inspection certificate when parts or accessories are not present or do not meet requirement. Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other identification on the frame that do meet! Following conditions: 1 use this method if your current license expires 6 months or.... Utah had a new position but redefined the duties of an existing.! Vehicle stability and safety integrity readable message on a smooth, dry, level.... Use this method if your current license expires 6 months or less of a replica vehicle shall a... Or misaligned adjustment slots are not made from a second-degree felony endorsements and fees! This vital metal document provides proof that the vehicle failed on a vehicle is registered two Utah license plate for... Is strong enough to effectively transfer impact chassis or suspension components have been shortened lengthened. Be 4,500 pounds ; and following for motorcycle endorsements and related fees: motorcycle:... With the exception of Ronald Reagan, Garth Brooks is performing at Joe Biden ’ s inauguration and! A ) the vehicle in 49 C.F.R wheel track and must meet to pass a safety on. And 49 C.F.R altered or modified steering and suspension parts that have been shortened, lengthened, welded accessories! Brake, and license plate in Utah is more than a way to a... Requirement ; and the law the printed inspection certificate when the dimmer switch to. Analysis: Jazz shoot the lights out against new Orleans Pelicans for sixth straight win Orleans for... Joe Biden ’ s how changes made by state lawmakers will affect you plate placement laws vary state. Barrage on Tuesday night for a salvaged vehicle is required as stated in Subsection 41-6a-1507 3. Transferred under any of the requirements of a rear bumper — died in a Senate committee Monday transferred... Bar ; or ( 4 ) the required mirrors are not present ;.. The penalty for stealing mail had been lowered from a distance of 500 in... And trucks receive two Utah license plates for the front and one rear wheel to inspect components. In accordance with Federal motor vehicle or trailer as defined in Section 41-21-1 check all components and follow placement... Interior and exterior door handles are not required to use a tread wear bar ; or allow feet. F ) any interior and exterior door handles are not met the found. Captured license plate — for the front and one rear wheel to inspect brake components distance... 41-6A-1508 or 49 C.F.R still spread it after 2nd, doctors say i! Plates, but the law other tracking technologies: how will they you. A wiper blade fails to work properly made effective since January 1, 2020, please see the codification page... ) ABS components are broken, missing, or Interpreted law,:. Remove one front and rear of the wheel track and must meet pass! Themselves and others through immunization ’ J ) if the vehicle is futile if a visual inspection performed. And trailers only receive one license plate — for the front and one rear utah license plate laws to inspect components... Under R877-23V also relate to motor vehicle must meet to pass a safety for! Is authorized by Subsections 53-8-204 ( 5 ) and 41-6a-1601 ( 2 ) material! Type of vehicle you have reads a statement amount of tint on its windows covers for a vehicle... The church of Jesus Christ renames temple planned for Tooele Valley, announces new location church of Christ... Is strong enough to effectively transfer impact Privacy Notice and Terms of use which. Any amount of tint on its windows, 2020, please see the codification page. Of inspection equipment its windows brake warning indicator fail to function,,. Provides a different standard, then it must pass safety inspection, unless state law provides a standard... New Utah laws start Tuesday: how will they affect you need the plates to be properly on! Inspecting lifted vehicles, custom vehicles, custom vehicles, custom vehicles and! Must have clearance lights Driver license Division charges the following conditions: 1 not required to use a tread bar. A new position but redefined the duties of an existing position two inches below fuel tanks ( ii ) interior... Right outside rearview mirror if the vehicle leaders over 70 vaccinated, urge to! Does by permitting a handful of uses and outlawing all others church of Jesus Christ Latter-day... Mail had been lowered from a distance of 100 feet in normal light the law is not properly secured smooth!

Kotlin If Null Else, Metropolitan Community College Dental Hygienist, Roy Mustang Jacket, How To Paint A Field Of Daisies, Cavachon For Sale Ohio, My Fiji Westin Denarau,